Are you currently accepting commissions?
Yes. Please submit your inquiry to JenniferLaurenStudio@gmail.com or fill in the field at the bottom CONTACT page.
What are your price ranges for commissions?
It really depends on the scale and subject matter and I'd be happy to draft an estimate for you. Please submit your inquiry and I will follow up with an overview of my process and provide a price range for your project.
How do commissions work?
A commission will begin with a description of your vision. The following details are very helpful:
- Your desired artwork size.
- Photographic reference. I work directly from reference, so any photographs to help communicate the vision are extremely important. These can range from photos to color samples, or other inspirational references.
- Your target receive-by date.
What can I expect when I order a commission?
The timeline for a commission is as follows :
- Basic details confirmed, material references gathered, timeline in the queue secured
- You'll receive a preliminary sketch via email. I'll also be able to provide you with a project delivery date.
- Depending on the project, you'll receive a rough color mock-up for review.
- I'll begin to work on your piece
- Progress updates will be sent.
- Depending on the project, I may be in communication with you for feedback or requests/questions along the way.
Can we discuss via telephone?
Yes. We can arrange that in your inquiry.
Can I commission a site-specific artwork?
Yes. These commissions are best facilitated by sending photos of the location, paint colors, fabric swatches, design boards etc. The more the better!
Do I get to offer feedback during the process?
Yes. Feedback is encouraged but most importantly when you receive the sketches or mock up for review and before the watercolor painting process. Watercolor is an unforgiving medium, so it is very important to provide any feedback before the painting process.
Ready to discuss a commission?
Do I keep the Copyright of my painting?
Copyright for all works is kept by the artist, for my life-time. Sometimes I make art prints, greeting cards and other fun products showing my paintings. I do my best to inform all my dog families of my printing intentions prior to making them, but this isn’t always possible. Please let me know from the get-go if you think this may be a problem.